...and I refuse to show pictures because it is ridiculous. Here are the projects I have fabric for (this doesn't include backing fabric but does include batting and all top fabric):
1.Kennan's dad - Christmas quilt (yes, not done).
2.Brady and Julie - wedding quilt (due date in May) - not started - but I have a plan.
3.Orange Courthouse steps - I have finally collected enough oranges and plan to have this as our other 'couch' quilt.
4.My 1st quilt that I never finished...
5.Quilt for Tonya's kids - Have all fabric, almost finished.
6.Squares quilt - long story, but I have fabric.
7.Coffee wall hanging - Kennan likes it, I don't like it, so it sits...
8.Mod Sampler Quilt Along - from ohfransson.com - top finished, back not done
9.Baby quilt - finished except for binding.
Hence, the ridiculousness. There is also a variety of other fabric I have purchased. I have been collected black and white fabrics to hopefully make a black and white quilt someday. I have fabric for Christmas stockings. For potholders. For a Christmas table runner.
What is the deal? Why can I not finish what I start?
Because I am afraid of actually quilting things myself. I officially have a machine with a darning and walking foot. But I'm afraid to take the plunge. You see, if I don't finish a top and back - I don't have to figure out how to baste - which means I don't have to figure out how to actually quilt a real quilt by myself. My goal is to be good at this, but it freaks me out!
So anyway, this is my current sewing saga. I do not want to be the woman with unfinished projects - but by May my skills have to be good enough at machine quilting that a beautiful couple has their quilt for their new bed. I need to get cracking!
20 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You can do it!!! And I'm feeling inspired to finish unpacking. (Well, unpack a box or two anyway.) Love you1
Post a Comment