29 August 2011

Right Now

Right now, I am..

:: Remembering the beauty of our 8.4 mile hike last Monday. Even if there weren't blueberries. Even if I got totally awful pushki burn that I am still not fully recovered from. It was gorgeous.
::Thankful that we finally got an ulu. It is locally made and the best knife ever.
::Bottling and brewing more kombucha. This beautiful stuff is really helping the soda cravings because we have figured out how to get it super carbonated. Someday I'll write a post about how easy it is!
::Remembering this strange mushroom from our hike. Yes, a mushroom growing out of a dead plant stalk. Weird and strange, but sort of cool.
::Happy that today there are clear blue skies. I love when the skies are clear and I have the day off!
::Seeing the beauty of lots of canning in our house. This is fireweed jelly. Isn't it a gorgeous shade of purple?
::Thankful for my husband, who canned 38 pints of salmon. Salmon really is a labor of love. We had our first can in a frittata this morning and it was definitely a successful adventure.
Have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

1. I want to try the jelly.
2. I'm glad canned salmon is tasty and useful.
3. I want a mushroom to grow out of a dead plant stalk at my house.

Alaina Beth said...

1. Maybe I will send you some jelly, if you promise to send back the jar. They are expensive here.
2. You could come live at my house and see the mushroom growing out of the stalk, but you will have to hike 2 miles up a mountain.