This morning we ate what has become our quintessential summer breakfast. We almost always eat breakfast. I have noted in myself and K that if we eat protein in the morning life is generally better for the whole day. This is bok choy sauteed with a green onion, basil, and oregano with a fried egg on top. And a pluot and coffee on the side. We are major french press coffee people.
I've been reading The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. I have read parts of it before but I am now sitting down to digest the entire book. It scares me. The amount of corn that people in this country consume really does concern me greatly. But this corn we ate tonight? It was beautiful corn and it was oh-so-good. We had never grilled corn before and always wanted to try it. Where has this been all my life? Because I have definitely eaten tons of corn on the cob!
Our 'Iowa' supper was very wonderful. And then we walked to the beach and talked about how much we love it here. Ah, the beauty of life.
4 comments:
Those are nasturtiums in your salad, right? Yum! I have been missing pork chops and grilled food, so I'm very jealous! It certainly looks like you had a successful meal, or two successful meals. The eggs and greens look delicious!
Clarissa - they are nasturtiums, but there is also a small yellow flower and I don't know what it is. I usually know what everything in my veggie box is, so I'm a little embarrassed. They are extremely small yellow flowers. Maybe I'll take a picture to see if you know. But the nasturtiums are yummy! It took K awhile to be okay with eating them.
I'm enjoying your food blogging. And how fun that I made your blog. Made me smile! I'm curious about this tea that you are brewing to get over soda....tell me more....
That's funny- pork chops & corn on the cob are what I'm planning (or rather planning to have jesse) grill tomorrow night for supper. I can't believe its August and i haven't had any corn on the cob yet...and i live right here in Iowa! Also- what's bok choy?
Post a Comment