18 August 2011

Tired

I cannot believe I am saying this, but I think I am ready for the end of summer.

Deep breath, pause, regroup.

Nobody kill me.

In all seriousness, though, this summer has been nothing like last summer. There hasn't been visitors, we haven't gone anywhere. My job is decidedly less stressful and dare I say quite boring. I've done lots of reading, we've had time for hiking and walking and camping.

But right now, I am tired.

This appears to be quite the Alaskan sickness. When it is finally light outside you just go and go and go and never stop going. Because you have to get it all in.

Winter is coming. The snow is actually creeping down the mountains.

In August.

The air is crispy and I am dreaming of the first frost so we can go pick lingonberries.

As I look at the next week of my life I become exhausted: canning half of our salmon, camping, blueberry picking, farmer's market foraging, working, freezing fruit and more fruit, cranberry picking, jelly making, meeting new work people for supper, having guests in our house.

And then, preparing for my mother-in-law to come for 10 days. Which is a good thing, we just will really need to clean our apartment after all the aforementioned stuff happens.

Oh - and finishing a baby quilt. And making another baby gift.

People need to stop having babies and getting married. That's all I'm going to say about that!

Anyway, I'm ready for some darkness, some sleeping in, some tea, some cuddling, and some out loud book reading.

Because if we don't start reading we're NEVER going to finish this sci-fi Ender's Game series. It has been almost a year.

Anyway, I'm tired. I'm ready for the quiet of fall, when the tourists leave. Mmmmm, quiet.

No comments: