04 October 2011

And, Again, Here I Am

Here I am, again. At the same time of year. At first I wondered if there was something wrong with me, but then I realized that it isn't wrong to believe that you deserve respect. There is nothing wrong with believing that I am actually a worthwhile human being and deserve to be treated as such.

There is nothing wrong with being myself. Even if being myself means that we're going to have to reign in the budget for a couple of months and smile through all the rice and beans.

On Saturday, K came to pick me up from work. My boss was talking to me, in her normal way, and I realized that I am embarrassed to have my husband listening to the conversation because I was horrified at how she was speaking to me and I didn't want anyone to hear it.

At that moment, both K and I knew that something had to give. When K almost tells someone off, you know it is a bad situation. A really bad situation.

So here I am, again, a mere 4 months after the last time. There are some opportunities, there are some hopes. There are a lot of people who, again, will think I am crazy.

I'm okay with that. Because today? Today I can breathe.

4 comments:

Beth said...

When K almost tells someone of... yup! Breathe well.

Jane D. said...

If there was a like button on a blog, I would like Beth's comment. She said it well. Love you Alaina!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are "here again" BUT I'm glad you are out of the crappy situation.

Sarah Anne said...

only you know what you need. and sometimes doing the right thing is hard, but well worth it in the end!