Yet another bullet point post. It helps me clear out the cobwebs in my head.
::I really love when family visits. I do. Honest. Guiltily, I also like it when they go home. I love people being here, I love interacting with people within our framework and our life. It is enjoyable to show people where we live, to talk about things. It is. But it is always nice to get back to normal life.
::We had/have a major mold issue in our apartment. The realtor knew about this mold issue and did not tell us when we moved in because they thought they had solved it. Our whole wall behind our bed was moldy. Thankfully, it came out of our box spring, but breathing it in isn't pleasant at all.
::So...we're looking for a place to live. We've been looking anyway for something more long term (read: can fit more people) so we're looking at houses. Rental homes here are a minimum of $800 a month plus utilities, etc. We just saw the sweetest house. It has 2 bedrooms and another room that could easily be a bedroom. There is a mudroom, an adorable kitchen, no dishwasher taking up cabinet space, new stove and fridge. It is a wee bit out of our price range but it would be a fantastic long term rental location to live in while we decide what we're doing with ourselves. You could fit like 3 kids in this place. Awesome. It definitely isn't large or anything, but there is space. So we're asking about gardening and other questions. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
::Because my job ends in May (for the summer) I've been looking for another part time job. I have found a couple of options and applied. I also found another full time job doing kind of what I am doing that has benefits. I'm asking more questions. Pray that I don't overload. I definitely need more work - it would help us in so many ways - but I don't want to hate what I do either because I've been there, done that, and it just isn't *necessary* right now to do something I abhor.
::So far this year we have paid off almost $1000 worth of debt. I am feeling really psyched about that number. While it doesn't make a huge dent in the actual debt yet it is so nice to feel like we are finally doing something more than just the status quo. I like it.
::I am super annoyed when people say they are debt free, but then say they have a mortgage. Listen folks, Dave Ramsey might say you are debt free but - newsflash - you aren't. Debt free means no debt. Mortgages are debt. And there's nothing wrong with having one.
::Children are fascinating creatures. I cannot even begin to explain all the things I have learned about parenting from working with preschoolers. 5 year olds who don't know their letters and have no mental disability. That's bad folks. Real, real bad.
::Anyone want a commission quilt? I'm thinking I'm going to open the can of worms and tell people that I will make quilts for them if they want. I can do baby, twin, and queen on my little old machine. Or I can make those bags that I have shown here before. Let me know if you're interested. Maybe I'll cut you a deal.
21 February 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alaina, I just found your blog, and have read through pages and pages of it. I love reading your thoughts, and it made me realize I miss you! Are you serious about the quilting offer? I have fabric in mind and would LOVE to buy a quilt from you! Let's talk!
Post a Comment