20 March 2012

Projects

I have several projects currently hanging in mid-air. Some are quilting related and some are not. The quilting ones are always the most fun, though.

Also, I got my first actual offer of someone wanting me to make them a quilt yesterday. Isn't that exciting?

Here it is, the orange Courthouse Steps quilt. It is snowing outside today, so this is the best picture I can get. It isn't quilted yet, so if you are a quilter here is my question: would all over meandering work or should I try to do a boxy type of meandering? I can't decide, hence it isn't finished. But I love it. The quilt is for us, for our couch. I haven't made a quilt for us in a long, long time.
 The second major project is my brother's wedding quilt. It was supposed to be done last May. *Hanging head in shame.* It didn't get finished because I was behind and still finishing Kennan's brother's quilt from the year before. *Hanging head in shame again.* Then, the fabric I wanted to use was back ordered, etc. But here, finally, is everything cut up. Now I have to sew it back together so it looks like...
...this. I really love the pattern, so I hope they will too. And Trent and Joa, if you're reading this - don't tell me if you hate it! :)
Other projects include, but are not limited to:
-packing
-re-potting plants (several of them are dying and they need major help)
-organizing several areas so they can actually be moved
-there are other things, I'm sure


So, while the job situation is being worked out I will be catching up in other life areas. Hopefully I will have some word back about my options today or tomorrow. At least they are trying to find me some options, right? That's better than nothing.


I also have an interview for a job as a barista out on the Homer Spit at a cute coffee place for the summer. The interview is Thursday. In all honesty, this job sounds fun. We shall see.

2 comments:

Beth said...

i did a meander/stippling on my red courthouse steps. (Actually, Stephanie did it!) Yours looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

I think boxy meandering would look better, but what do I know??? You did a great job!