They say that breaking up is hard to do. Now I know, I know that it's true.
My sentiments exactly. In 5 weeks I will no longer be a resident of Decorah, IA. In fact, I will no longer be a resident of Iowa. I will be a resident of Chicago, IL for 2 weeks before I become a resident of Milwaukee, WI for 11 weeks.
This is painful. This breaking of relationships that I have made this year. This breaking apart of the work I have done with and for people. This breaking up of my heart. Breaking up is hard to do.
In some senses I cannot wait to get out of here. There are those moments in everyone's life where they think - I wish I could just flee. As an intern, I actually get to flee and live out that moment. Sometimes people drive you crazy and you can't wait to walk away. However, most of the time this whole thing just hurts.
I cannot believe I have to leave. I cannot believe how fast the time went. I cannot believe I have to move back to the city. I cannot believe how bad I have been at keeping in touch with my friends this year. I cannot believe how overtaking of life the pastoral job can be. I cannot believe that life as I know it is ending again. I cannot believe I have to leave people who have become dear friends. I cannot believe I have to walk away just when it is starting to get good. Breaking up is hard to do.
08 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That has got to be hard! I will be praying! Have you found a place in Milwaukee yet? If not, is Lake Geneva too far away for you? My parents will be gone from mid-May through August and their condo in Lake Geneva would be available for much if not all of your time...but that's a bit of a drive. Let me know if you're interested at all.
Post a Comment