In the last 3 weeks I have twice received the news of death. Both of the people who have died were parents of my friends. Both of these wonderful people were only in their early 50s, and their children are the same age as I am. It all seems so sad, and it doesn't seem to make any sense. It feels disallusioning. Both of these people were battling with cancer; both deaths were expected, but neither makes sense.
Thinking through death is never easy. There never is a complete understanding of why these things happen to some, and not to others. It brings up lots of things I learned this summer about hospice care, death, and life. It brings up the grief I still hold from the death of my grandmother, and the 2 year anniversary of the death of my grandfather yesterday.
Thank you, God of the universe, for redeeming us - and for the promise of redeeming your entire creation someday. It is the only hope.
17 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
perfect timing. that's his way. i don't get it, but i'm managing to trust recently. and that's a pretty big step from a few months ago. perfect timing...
Post a Comment