04 November 2008

Long Time Coming

Thank goodness it is November 4th. As we ate breakfast this morning, Kennan and I discussed how glad we are that this whole election season is hours away from being over. It is time, don't you agree?

I don't know about you, but I have had enough. Now, I know I have made my choice for president clear here, but this isn't even about that. What we need to get over is this 'savior' complex we have about the presidential office. That is what I am sick of - this infighting amongst people of faith about which candidate can somehow 'save' this country and which candidate will do something horrible...this is ridiculous. Neither one of these men is the Savior, the salvific event happened about 2000 years ago - and we have been saved. These are just men, people who are trying their best to help out a country. Definitely not savior.

So, this is why I am glad it is November 4th. This has gone on so long - and both sides have resorted to horrible negativity - and it just is bad. There has been a lot of fear-mongering among people of faith...like everyone, I have gotten 'those' emails about Obama - and I have been continually shocked that some people believe them, even if they do have different political persuasions. This election has made me sad, this election has reminded me that people often get stuck in only one issue and forget about the rest (on both sides).

I'm ready for there to be an answer. I know people will still be mad about it and debate it and on and on. But at least there will be an answer - thank goodness. This day has been a long time coming. So go vote so this thing can be decided!

2 comments:

Rev. Dave said...

So did you happen to go downtown until the wee hours of the morning last night?

Justin Barrett said...

So this can't happen? http://obamawho.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/obama-water.gif