So it is no secret that I am sometimes a serious procrastinator. People know this. I tend to only procrastinate when something is only about me. When it involves other people or groups or something I get things done early. Why is that?
Anyway, procrastinating.
I am a woman who is sick of school. I love learning. I love reading. I love teaching. But I'm pretty tired of reading specific chapters from random books all the time. I want to read a book from cover to cover. I have some beauties waiting for me on the shelf come May 23rd. I can see them from my perch on the couch. The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard, Simply Christian by N.T. Wright, Colossians Remixed by Walsh and Keesmat, the list goes on. Books are beautiful!
I still have senioritis. This sickness has been compounded by recent events. I have much better things to think about right now thank you very much. Like the future. (Woah!) Or my husband graduating. Or the future. (Woah!) Or quilting, one of my true loves and my machine who hasn't seen me in months. I miss her. (Inanimate objects for me tend to become female, I don't know why.) So many directions to be pulled. All of them valid.
Hi. I'm Alaina. And I am a procrastinator. Who has senioritis. And who is thinking about the future and not the present. Bad. Very bad.
But I had a good weekend with my parents!
26 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment