The air inside my house has a chill. We are a one-income family, after all, and need to keep those heating bills down! The chill is sort of a good thing. It inspires movement and creativity. It doesn't allow for too much sitting still.
Exercise has been moved indoors. I now walk with Kennan to work each day, work out in the early morning at 7 while he writes notes about patients, and leave before everyone else shows up. I am invigorated for the whole day. I have officially discovered that showering, brushing teeth, and getting dressed into something besides sweatpants really helps me do things instead of sit around.
There are many things to concern me, I'm sure. But for now, it is beautiful to hunker down.
Winter equals:
At least two cups of steaming tea each day.
Quilting. Cutting, sewing, dreaming.
Reading.
Hot lattes on Saturday morning.
Soups, stews, and stick to your ribs meals.
Knitting.
Two quilts on our bed.
Bulky coats and thick scarves.
A white world that lights up the blackness of the days.
Cozy sleeping in again. (It is difficult to sleep in when the sun NEVER goes down, so winter is great for that!)
Staying near home. The roads are icy and who has the money to spend anyway?
Planning, hoping, and praying for the future.
Ah, winter. You have arrived. I look upon you with hesitant gladness, hoping that you will be a bit kind to us this year. But please, dear winter, if you are going to snow then really snow. Cover us in a blanket so our world is no longer brown. Stop the slop, okay winter? Then we can be friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment