10 November 2010

The World is White

Well, the world is really white at this point - and will be until April. The snow we have received is truly gorgeous. I know people have been wanting to see pictures of where we live, so I shot some photos yesterday in the snow.

This is our little rental house. There are 3 bedrooms (they aren't very big), one bathroom, kitchen/dining/living area, and a garage!! The garage part is really exciting with the below freezing temperatures and the lots of snow business. The scooping the driveway and mowing the lawn stuff is something we aren't used to. The front view:
The backyard. The yard is huge and includes some flat space with grass and an area for a garden as well as a woodsy area with a fire pit and a shed. It is great to feel like we have space to breathe. A section of the backyard:
We love our indoors. While others may find is 70's ish or too red/orange, we love it. We painted all the walls (except 2 bedrooms) because we had friends living here before and we knew if we didn't paint it we would always feel like we were living in their house instead of ours. We love it. Here is the dining rooms area with the window looking toward the backyard:
The table is currently covered with quilting supplies. We found all these chairs at garage sales/thrift stores. Kennan sanded them and spray painted them red. We love them.

This is the kitchen:
Someone painted the cupboards when they lived here. We aren't sure why because the actual cupboard color is just fine. Oh well.

The living room, which is currently not very clean, but you get the idea:
Kennan made both sets of shelving and that red chair is one we found at a garage sale - and it matches our couch! Our plants are all in one section right now so that they actually get light and hopefully survive. The big window looks toward the street and to the right of the picture there is a front door. The rest of the house is just bedrooms and bathrooms, nothing exciting. We have a spare bedroom, an office/quilting room, and our bedroom.

And, lastly, this is one of the quilts that I just finished. I picked it up from the quilter's yesterday and got the binding done. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift for Kennan's dad last year, but well, I was depressed and sort of hated my life, so it took me awhile to actually get it done. I definitely am not thrilled with the quilting and won't go to this individual again, but it will stay in and looks good. (I just wasn't okay with having her not understand me and not knot the end of her strings in the quilting - they unravel!!) I do like it, though. There is one row missing on the bottom that you can't see.
It is a bento box pattern. I saw it on the internet, figured out how big I wanted a quilt, did the math, and here it is! I'm pretty proud of myself for not needing a pattern.

And, seriously - did you see all that snow?

1 comment:

Sarah Anne said...

i'm glad you posted some pics of your house- this way i can picture you guys up there in my head :)

hope you're doing well hun!