I think this quilt is definitely fun. I'm hoping to quilt it with black thread. Is this a good choice, other quilters?
In other news, here are the gifts still to go:
1. 8 placemats and 8 napkins for my mother.
2. Bag for Joa, Trent's fiance.
3. Marshmallows (plain and peppermint) and hot chocolate on a stick for co-workers (not mine, obviously), friends, and church people.
4. Something with photos for all parents in some way pertaining to Alaska. Kennan has a cool idea, but I'm not sure we can find what we need in our community.
I don't really know if we will bake much of anything since we won't be here for Christmas and won't be attending any Christmas parties (that we know of). Which is good for our waistlines and budget. I think we'll make sugar cookies, but that is probably it. There is one other kind of cookie that Kennan really likes, too.
Ah, the joys of being unemployed. Sometimes it is nice. And then you look at your checkbook.
4 comments:
Loving the quilt. Such a unique color palate.
You've done a GREAT job! I agree about being unemployed... I have a lot of friends who work as mothers and they ALWAYS want to go somewhere expensive to shop, eat and hangout after a crazy workweek. It if always tough to find a kind way to tell them that being a stay at home mom is AWESOME, but it DOES come with consequences. They just figure that you GET to be a stay at home mom... hmmmmm And it would be AWESOME to stay with you if you are still in Alaska when we are able to go!
The fabric is great. And your quilt looks wonderful! Do you know what the name of the fabric is?
Laura, the fabric is 'groovy guitar' by Michael Miller. It was out about 2 years ago ish so I'm not sure if it is still available. I've been waiting for a long time to come up with something perfect to do with it. Some of the dots are by Michael Miller from other lines, but I'm not entirely sure which ones. I hope that helps!
Post a Comment