18 November 2010

Little Brother

My brother, who is 4 years younger than myself, called me yesterday to talk over a rather serious matter. He and his fiance both have dreams and their current dreams are contradicting one another in location. He has an opportunity here and she has an opportunity there. He wanted to know what to do.

Today, my brother's fiance put their engagement pictures on facebook. They are beautiful. My brother really loves this girl. The pictures are fantastic and they are really happy together.

My little brother is getting married in May.

He is grown up. He is intelligent. He has an opinion of his own. He calls me to talk about serious things now, and assumes that I have some kind of life wisdom to share with him. He is honest. He is sweet. He will be a great husband.

I can't believe my little brother is all grown up. My little brother has a bigger savings account than I do. My little brother makes more per hour than I have ever made in my entire life.

It is strange to realize that the little boy that I chased, teased, whose life I made miserable at times, who I drove to school, who seemed so immature for so long, is now a smart, educated, amazing young man who is ready to embark on his life.

When did this happen?

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

:) Crazy weird, isn't it?