So, we're going someplace tomorrow. Someplace not too far from here. Someplace that has some potential.
This little land is a place where a woman walks her 'yow' on the beach. This is a photo of that 'yow', which apparently is a cross between a cow and a yak. For real people, this woman brings this thing every day to walk around the town to get out and get exercise.
A land where there are sailboats everywhere. A marina, a beach, a view of mountains, sea otters, and whales. A land where Kennan is in love.
A land where the view from the beach looks like this:
A land we visited on our first 48 hour visit to Alaska. A place where we took our photo and sent it to the masses, asking for money for a job I no longer have. We're still here, though, and there are decisions to be made. When we first visited this land, on that very day in our smiling unintended matching orange, we said to one another "Wow, we could live here."
A land where we have seen beauty. A land where we have sat, in heartache and frustration. A land where I feel peace.
It is a land of gorgeous, amazing views.
This land that we are visiting tomorrow is a place that others have said we should live because 'we're a little weird'. People have said 'you would really fit in there', 'people there are like you'.
We shall see, friends, we shall see.
Tomorrow is a big deal.
3 comments:
Safe travels! I hope it all goes well. Also, the pictures are breath taking as usual. :)
Praying for you tomorrow and always!
Ooops I just looked again and I think "tomorrow" is actually today! But I'm praying now!
Post a Comment