24 January 2011

News. (News!) (News?)

The answer has come down from the people who have power: My husband is apparently a good choice. People would like him to work with them.

Theoretically, this makes everything easier. Or that is what I used to think, before we actually got the news. Now that the news is here I find myself thinking through all that this means about our lives. (Remember how I think about everything? Yeah...)

This week is going to be hard. Talking to bosses (who will be mad). Talking to parents (who will be sad). Talking to potential co-worker people (who are excited). Figuring out a time schedule (which is tricky). Deciding if this is what we want (oh dear). Wondering if we are crazy. Needing to have more cash-ola.

Here is the major pull: finances. This would be really good for our pocketbook. Well, not really ours I guess, but all the people who want our money would get it MUCH faster this way. I am in the midst of trying to decide if making a choice like this based solely on finances is a good way to live.

If we make this choice, Alaska will be our home, officially. For the foreseeable future. It used to just be a pie in the sky, stay here for a couple years, maybe 5 years maximum sort of thing. Alaska is now turning into the place where we are going to put in roots. That's a little scary for me right now.

So many things to think about. But hey, the news is good and the choice is now in our hands, which is a helpful place to be.

4 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

yay!! at least you heard back and it was good news!!

i really enjoy your wording here, "This would be really good for our pocketbook. Well, not really ours I guess, but all the people who want our money would get it MUCH faster this way."

because, that's really kind of how it goes, like it or not ;)

i'm happy for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Well YAY! I was so excited to see you had good news on FB but then there was NOTHING! I was going to figure out a way to just "bring it up in an email." I'm good about things like that. Q and I have REALLY tried not to make decisions based on finances, but sometimes you just have to. I believe God provides, He always does, but we also need to make good choices in regards to the people we OWE. This sounds fabulous though and then selfishly we have a place to stay when we visit Alaska. :)

Clarissa said...

I second Sarah's favorite comment and La's decision to visit. :) I hope you're able to make the decision soon and be at peace with it, whatever you decide. I love you!

Jane D. said...

Exciting and scary and all over the range I'm sure! Woooo hoooo!