In an effort to pretend like I don't have a million other things to do and say because we're moving across the continent, here is the finished product of the Seeing Squares Quilt for my brother's wedding.
The label. For posterity.
My husband is a wonderful man. He climbed onto this rock in my parent's front yard to hold the quilt up high so I could get a good full photo. The rock was slippery. He is awesome.Kennan, on the rock. For the record, it was in the 80's this day. When we got back to Alaska it was in the 40's. You do the math.
Here it is. I love it. This quilt is, quite honestly, my favorite quilt yet. I have finally figured out how to free motion quilt on my little Bernina without causing weird tension issues, etc. I like how the dark brown adds a pop. I think the quilt needed it.
I forgot to take any pictures of Trent and Joa with the quilt...or the quilt in their apartment...or on their bed...or anything. I'm hoping the quilt actually *fits* on their bed. They seemed to like it, so that is a good thing. Plus, they received the quilt exactly 3 days before their first anniversary so I totally made it in terms of timing. Squeaked in under the wire.
For the record, here is a picture of the happy couple a year ago. Just for kicks.
So, the quilt is finished. I have one more baby quilt I am making for a friend and then the sewing machine will probably be packed away until August. What a world.
3 comments:
Looks great!
it's beautiful, Alaina! you are so talented. wow.
Holy cow...that is an awesome quilt! :-)
Post a Comment