There are so many things stirring through my head right now. I cannot even begin to describe the craziness happening within. Everything is great and I am excited, but there is so SO SO much to think about. If I let myself dwell on everything I might lose my mind. So anyway, here is what is happening right now.
::We rented a UHaul. It cost a lot. Gas in Canada is more than in the US. Gas here is currently $4.83. Whew! Expensive adventure.
::I went through my fabric. I filled 2 huge totes. I got rid of a garbage bag full. As I went through the fabric I remembered all the projects I have planned. Note to self: make a sewing space where the fabric is view-able so that this doesn't continue happening.
::I squared away my job details for the summer. I am thanking the good heavens that I will have about 25 hours of work per week in June. July won't be nearly as much, but then I'll be running around like a chicken with my head cut off so no big deal.
::Kennan figured out how to get an Iowa PT license. Listen up Iowa: You are difficult about EVERYTHING. The paperwork he has to fill out is ridiculous because he already has a license to practice...so everybody already knows that he passed the test and graduated. Sheesh!
::Some people were a bit off color about my descriptions of Iowa the other day. Hear me out: Compared to Alaska everything is ugly. That's just how it is. Nobody's fault. Iowa can't help it that it doesn't have glaciers and mountains and ocean. On the plus side Iowa doesn't have cloudy rain for most of the year. Iowa doesn't have 7 month long winters. Iowa has the ability to grow tomatoes. Tomatoes, people. Fresh tomatoes.
::On that note - we'll be in Iowa in August. Watch out, world. I am planning to buy enough tomatoes to can them plain, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and salsa. I am not kidding in any way, shape, or form. I am also going blueberry picking. And raspberry picking. And apple picking. Watch out.
::When we were at the airport on Sunday night I almost started bawling. The teeny Anchorage airport has become a friend throughout these last 3 years. I've picked up parents, cried dropping them off, and flown to and fro several more times than I planned. While we were there I realized that I won't be seeing that airport for many, many moons. I felt sad because it is the smoothest and simplest airport I have ever been in. And it has a Cinnabon.
::Our list of things we want to do in Alaska is so very long. Here's hoping.
::We are still planning to dipnet for salmon. I just can't walk away from 35 free fish people. I may spend our last week here canning. By the by, does anybody have a dipnet we can borrow? Ours bit the big one last year and I'm not buying a new one. Our rule is always 'if we break it we'll buy you a brand new one that is even better' so I promise we'll cover you. Otherwise I think we'll have to rent one. We are nuts. We're planning on dry ice for transport. We shall see!
31 May 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment