The everlasting saga of eating too quickly and forgetting to take a picture. What a nice problem to have, huh?
Today, we had scrambled eggs, apples, and lattes for breakfast. I confess, I love the espresso maker.
For supper, we had Butternut Squash and Apple Soup, which I had never made before. This is a keeper folks. So very, very good. We topped it with homemade creme fraiche that is oh-so-much better than sour cream. For dessert, we had more pear/apple crisp and homemade vanilla ice cream.
And, lo and behold, my friend Ellen came over for surprise dinner and it was glorious. Dinner guests are ever so wonderful when the party is unexpected. It always makes everything so very much fun. I love that the house was clean enough, the food plan was ready enough, and we had a table so that we could actually have an impromptu dinner guest.
I'm telling you: we are starting to have a home. Little by little by little.
Short and sweet today. See you tomorrow.
18 October 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love sharing meals with people! I'm so glad you got to do that. :)
You have a home that is real and filled with love... FeO the cat even loves me. Thank you for the wonderful dinner and conversation. I'll be making that soup.
You have a home that is real and filled with love... FeO the cat even loves me. Thank you for the wonderful dinner and conversation. I'll be making that soup.
Post a Comment