::First of all, we inherited a cat. Long story, simple ending. He sheds like a BEAST. I like him just fine. But he sheds like a BEAST. All over my new DARK BROWN couch with his LIGHT hair. Hello vacuum. You and I are quickly becoming best friends. I am ever-so-glad I bought bagless. He is cute, no?
::We went camping last weekend in Decorah. There are lots of things to say about it, but here is the thing I really, really, really want to say...::I love Decorah. I lived there for 10 months 5 years ago. I have more friends from Decorah than from Alaska, which is super strange and a wee bit frustrating. I will say it again: I love Decorah. The love is completely unexplainable. Sort of like my love for this tree. It is in the prairie in Decorah and it has been my favorite tree on earth for over 5 years. I just love it. Completely.
::I like Cedar Falls, I do. But making friends is really hard right now. I have no energy for anything other than the things that have to be done. I do not know how to make friends outside of church. What Alaska taught me is that church friends are fine but people, I need other friends too.
::But here is the truth...I would move to Decorah in a heartbeat. My love for the place is strange. But I always, always feel like I am coming home when I drive into town. And I don't even have a place to live there or any way to make money. I'm telling you...strange.
::Weird, isn't it, how life lands us in places that are *so close* but yet so far away from where we think we want to be. I'm hoping there is a plan somewhere to explain all this. Seriously.
4 comments:
Oh FeO...I'm not even a cat person and that cat is precious!
I'm so jealous! Not only do you have something I've wanted forever (a cat) but he is orange too! Sigh. Now I want to visit you guys again even sooner ;) Oh and maybe I like you too, a little bit :)
Hope you guys are doing okay, always thinking about you. Glad you got to visit Decorah! And we should get together again soon :)
Decorah (and a few from Waukon) loves you too.
I just stumbled across your blog from a link on another blog. I have to tell you that I understand that love you have for a place you can't be. I too moved to a seemingly unfriendly place recently and have struggled making friends. It is as if no one is interested in friends, or maybe it is because I am an outsider (very small town). Anyway thank you for making me,not feel alone. Also I too have a very favorite tree, which is all alone out in the middle of a 40 acre alfalfa field.
Post a Comment