31 March 2008

Update

Well, I did it. I preached about doubting Thomas and about how sometimes it hurts too much to have hope. I think it went well. It has been DVDed by my husband and the evaluations have been given. My parents and grandmother appeared to enjoy themselves.

It was actually really difficult. Probably the most difficult text I have ever had to preach on (in my less than 10 times preaching life). I just felt so associated with Thomas, felt so doubtful like him that it was difficult to tell other people to have hope. I am starting to feel more hopeful about life in general. I really believe this church can make it through this - but they actually must deal with it and find where God is moving.

Also, pray for me. I need to find a place to stay in or near Milwaukee for 11 weeks this summer. I am willing to move once in the middle, but not more than that. I am doing a chaplaincy at a retirement community and need a place to live. I'm willing to pay some rent, pay for food, etc. I'll be gone one night per week and almost every weekend. So pray that I find a place. I have 2 months to figure this out.

3 comments:

Jane D. said...

Good to hear you made it through and praying God will continue to use it in your life and those who were there. Hey, my parents and brother live in Lake Geneva which is about an hour from Milwaukee...I'm assuming that's too far to be helpful (but if I'm wrong, let me know) but I'll see if they have any closer connections.

Alaina Beth said...

Thanks Jane! I really appreciate your prayer and thoughtfulness to try and help me out of my interesting predicament. :)

Nicole said...

Hey, just found your blog!

You should try to make your sermon into an MP3 so we can hear it! Hurts to have hope--amen to that!