07 May 2008

Invigorating

I just got home. I spent tonight talking to people who I love. I spent tonight saying good-bye to the youth group. This hodge podge group of crazy students that I have grown to love and adore. These kids who are just starting to figure out God and life and hormones. Ah, teenagers.

I spent tonight saying good-bye to this beautiful young woman that I mentor. She is phenomenal. There are big things in store for her life. She is going to do great works for the kingdom of God. I can feel it in my bones - this girl is something. She really is.

And then, I spent an hour and a half with a couple who has become truly friend just recently. We have spent lots of time together this year, but only in the last few months have we really moved to that sincere, honest, loving place of utter friendship. Anything goes, all is well, and I just love them. They are funny. My face hurts every time I come home from being with them. I get along so well with them - I have worked closely with both of them - they really touch my soul.

There are some people that your heart just connects with for all of time. I think these are such people. I love that. I truly believe that when I am 50 and they are 60 that we will still be friends. I believe that I must make that happen. For me. For them.

I love good friends. I love the places where I have become pastor, confidant, and friend. Those places where I can truly be both/and. These people have accepted me as pastor, but also as friend. It is nice sometimes to be both.

3 1/2 more days in Decorah...Ouch.

No comments: