13 May 2008

Safe, Secure, Surrounded

I live in Chicago. Take a deep breath. We are safe, we are here, we are actually living together for the next 2 weeks, which is a grand change from the last few.

I am surrounded by boxes. Because of all the emotional craziness of the last few weeks, as well as the mental change, and just the physical stress of moving, I have no motivation to unpack. I am just completely exhausted. There are so many things I 'should' or 'could' be doing. Life is just pretty overwhelming. Especially when you are surrounded and cannot find your kitchen sink.

The move was actually pretty simple. We had lots of people on both ends to help us out, so that was a huge blessing for everybody. Kennan is more than happy to have a bed to sleep in. I am glad that we live off the main street so I don't hear sirens all night long.

Bringing the U-Haul back was my wake up call to Chicago life. It took us 2 1/2 hours because of traffic, road construction, gas getting, U-Haul craziness. It was a maximum of 4 miles away. Maximum. Totally annoying, totally Chicago, totally anti my life this last year. Readjustment.

I am still not totally sure how you 'let go' of a church after having so fully invested your life there. I guess I will figure it out. Sunday was hard, there were lots of tears. Including tears from people I didn't think would shed them. Kennan is struggling because he never really had that sincere moment to say good-bye.

But we are here. And life is moving on. I officially have 2 weeks to process before moving on to CPE. So here I go...

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

Praying for you!