28 May 2008

To All My Friends:

This summer, I will not be a good friend. I am not joking.

CPE started yesterday, which was Tuesday. I feel as though I have been at it for a week. There is so much information, so many new people, so many things to remember - charts, buzzers, alarm codes, pager numbers, places to call, where the facilities are... - the brain truly whirls. I am absolutely exhausted. I get home, and I can barely move, which I am hoping is only a short side affect of this crazy transition. But, as I have heard from numerous friends, CPE is one of those times in life when you are just exhausted all the time. So I am being prepared.

So, in reality, I am completely overwhelmed. I know I can do this, I am just completely overwhelmed. 2 days down - 70 or so more to go - not very encouraging!

3 comments:

Justin Barrett said...

Just remember that everyone goes through this. At least in some capacity as you are. I’m just glad you didn’t take the suckers way out and do it at Swedish Cov. I think you will really reap the benefits of this in later ministry.

Rob Sabin said...

I'm praying for you. I know you will shine just give it some time to settle into a routine for you.
Blessings.

Cherry Shake said...

Dear God, and dear Alaina -

May the peace that passes our minuscule understanding take hold in this challenge of life. May you hold Alaina and be the foundation that helps her take each step...even the tiny ones. May she come to a place where she looks back and gives you all the credit for walking so closely with her and being so near to her.