27 June 2012

Fire

The apartment building we live in caught fire today. No one knows the cause, but the blaze initiated in the apartment right above ours. 7 hours later, there is nothing. We have a couple of pictures that are slightly burned and some waterlogged file boxes.

No quilts. No computer hard drive (which had everything). No Kennan artwork. No underwear.

Nothing.

We had camping gear in our car and lawn games. Isn't that ridiculous?

We have nothing else but each other. Thankfully, it happened during the day. Thankfully, we are all right. Thankfully, we will survive this. Thankfully, we have renter's insurance. Thankfully.

I don't know how. I'm mad and upset. I'm flailing and angry.

Kennan said shit. So you know it is bad.

We have to get passports in the next 30 days so we can move.

But hey, we can cancel the UHaul...

Pray for us. We don't know what to do. We don't know how to react.

Everything - gone. Poof.

Unfathomable.

Impossible.

Really, really shitty.

2 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

I am crying right now as i read this...and i've been thinking and praying for you guys all day. I'm so sorry. I don't know what else to say, other than I wish I was there to help. Is there anything specific we can send to help you guys out? So, so sad :(

Ellen said...

I love, love, love how real you are.
Keep holding on dear friend.
- Ellen