23 June 2012

Orange, How I Love Thee

In the throes of getting my brother's quilt finished and going to Iowa to figure everything out I forgot to post final, finished pictures of this quilt. And I love this quilt.

This is my orange Courthouse Steps quilt. I collected fabrics from everywhere. Decorah, Chicago, all along the Alaskan highway, Anchorage, Soldotna, Homer. So many places, so many memories.
I adore the finished product and it is just a beauty sitting on the couch waiting for fall. 
It really is lovely to make something for myself. Not everyone can get away with a decorating scheme that involves shades of brown and bright red and bright orange. Somehow, we have managed it. Love it.

5 comments:

jarcher said...

Yay! Well done! So your love for that quilt is equivalent to our love for our 'purple spring thing'. Just so you know. :)

Clarissa said...

Look at those little squares! It's fun that you took your favorite color and riffed into a memory quilt of your many travels.

Jessica Barrett said...

looks good! i like orange, but so far we don't have anything orange in the house except a vintage orange Fiestaware pitcher. nicely done!

Ellen said...

Alaina, orange is my least favorite color but this quilt is beautiful and it actually makes me like orange. And it makes me want to learn how to make quilts. Maybe when you get to Iowa you can teach me.

Sarah Anne said...

I never thought about quilting this way, but it is kind of like a fabric scrapbook, remembering where you got all the different fabrics for it...this is why i want a t-shirt quilt someday :)