If I have not mentioned this before, we live right next to a small lake called Beluga Lake. During the summer, float planes take off from this lake outside our window numerous times per day. If I am on the phone I have to say things like, "Hang on, there's a plane taking off. I can't hear you." Little planes? They are LOUD.
Anyway, since moving here Kennan has obviously been in awe of the airplanes. If you know Kennan in the slightest then you know that he has a serious love affair with airplanes and flying. Serious. Naturally, when we were making a list of 'things we want to do before we leave Alaska' a flight-seeing trip went on the list. We did not think it would actually happen, due to financial constraints, but we figured we could just never cross it off.
And then, and then. Kennan got a birthday card from his dad, who asked if there was anything we really wanted to do in Alaska. Kennan told him flight seeing because to Kennan, that was the top of the list. (Just to be clear, it was high on my list too.) And his dad said - do it.
So, for our birthdays we got to go on a one hour flight seeing trip. We took off right outside our house. The day was crystal blue clear (which is why we practically ran to the place to see if they had openings on Sunday - a clear day is not something to be wasted since it rarely happens here) and we took off.
The pictures speak for themselves. We had fun.
Thanks, Dad and Tonya, for the birthday gift. It was definitely an unforgettable one and we really, really appreciate it.
2 comments:
What a great gift to have, especially, right before you guys move! That looks like so much fun :)
So beautiful! I'm glad you had fun.
Post a Comment