26 June 2012

::Right Now::

Right now, with random pictures interspersed, I am:

::in the midst of my last week of work. After this it will be packing, organizing, figuring out finances, calling everyone to change our address, and all the other crazy things you do when you're moving.
::recognizing that there won't be airplanes out my window and an ocean a short walk away for much longer, so I am taking advantage of the closeness.
::spinning around and around a bit. Okay, a lot. I'm trying my best not to order pizza every night. I am *mostly* succeeding.
::thinking we may have found a place to live. It is a little 2 bedroom house in Cedar Falls, just a few blocks from Kennan's new workplace. We should hear soon. Having that crazy stress off of our backs will really help ease the pressure.
::appreciating all the Alaskan wildflowers. The flowers are really different here.
::looking forward to some fresh halibut and king salmon this weekend - Kennan's going fishing! 
::trying to have a good attitude, but it is really difficult. We have lots of people to see and not a lot of time. Finances are also an issue because of the cost of moving. It will be fine, it will be fine, it will be fine. That's my mantra.
::realizing that it is time. Waiting is so hard. The next 5 weeks seem oh-so-long, but they are really oh-so-short. July is when we are moving. July happens this weekend.
Right now, I feel the sense of the magnitude of what is happening. Kennan got his PT license for Iowa yesterday. I applied for a job in Waterloo. Hopefully, with plenty of sand, book reading, and deep breaths I can make it through. 


If you're the praying sort, keep sending them up. 

2 comments:

K said...

I AM the praying type, and you're on my list. Where will you be living in Cedar Falls? I do so love that place. Can I come visit you?? xoxo

Alaina Beth said...

Kim - Thanks. There are some people who read my blog who aren't of a religious persuasion. :) We will be living (hopefully!) on 6th street...about 8ish blocks from Main Street. And yes...VISIT.